Web service deployment 2
This entry might not be related with my family-life in Manchester. It's just for me, as a future reference for my implementation task in the future, who knows I might not be able to recall this process. I found that it's handy to put my work archive on the blog, for the time-being. Ignore this immediately if it starts giving you some headache!
Here, some "bootstrap" tasks for a dummy web service deployment:
1) Get an application server. I use Apache Tomcat apache-tomcat-6.0.20. I use this server to deploy my web service.
2) There are a few settings need to be done on your mac. I follow instruction in this website. http://www.malisphoto.com/tips/tomcatonosx.html Pretty helpful.
3) You know your server is up and running once you get Apache's welcome page as soon as you hit this URL: http://localhost:8080
You should congratulate yourself, for this small victory. Anyway, the commands to run the script:
-to start the server -->./startup.sh
-to shut down server -->./shutdown.sh
But make sure you are in /Library/Tomcat/home/bin directory
It is extremely important to restart the server if we make any modification in the files that are used by the server. Pathetically, I've been bogged down with the error just because I didn't restart the server after modifying the configuration file.
4) Next get Apache Axis to deal with your web service. I use axis-1_4. I put both, Tomcat and axis-1_4 directory in /Library directory.
5)Then copy axis folder from axis-1_4 directory into /Library/Tomcat/home/webapps directory
6) Here is the fun part. Test whether your axis has been up and running:
http://localhost:8080/axis/ --> an Axis welcome page will show up.
http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp -->Axis happiness page will come out. And you should be happy since your web service deployment has succeeded.
Yeah!
Here, some "bootstrap" tasks for a dummy web service deployment:
1) Get an application server. I use Apache Tomcat apache-tomcat-6.0.20. I use this server to deploy my web service.
2) There are a few settings need to be done on your mac. I follow instruction in this website. http://www.malisphoto.com/tips/tomcatonosx.html Pretty helpful.
3) You know your server is up and running once you get Apache's welcome page as soon as you hit this URL: http://localhost:8080
You should congratulate yourself, for this small victory. Anyway, the commands to run the script:
-to start the server -->./startup.sh
-to shut down server -->./shutdown.sh
But make sure you are in /Library/Tomcat/home/bin directory
It is extremely important to restart the server if we make any modification in the files that are used by the server. Pathetically, I've been bogged down with the error just because I didn't restart the server after modifying the configuration file.
4) Next get Apache Axis to deal with your web service. I use axis-1_4. I put both, Tomcat and axis-1_4 directory in /Library directory.
5)Then copy axis folder from axis-1_4 directory into /Library/Tomcat/home/webapps directory
6) Here is the fun part. Test whether your axis has been up and running:
http://localhost:8080/axis/ --> an Axis welcome page will show up.
http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp -->Axis happiness page will come out. And you should be happy since your web service deployment has succeeded.
Yeah!

Comments